On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 12:50:49PM +0200, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> > > In a few minutes i'll upload to cooker a new version of glibc version
> > > 2.1.92, with the db1 and db2 package, if you want to upgrade upgrade
> > > with the db2 package first and db1. The locales should be broken for a
> > > while until pablo rebuild sync the locales package.
> >
> > You would better upload glibc version 2.1.95 instead of 2.1.92, since it
> > includes latest patches from redhat errata.
> >
> > More even, binary locales for 2.1.92 and 2.1.94 are incompatible.
> >
> > About locales: all statically linked executables which use non-C locale
> > have to be relinked against new glibc to support locale again.
>
> i'm trying to stay with what the others distro, like RH and Debian
> does for compatibility...

Well, I cannot say about Debian, but latest Red Hat Bug Fix Advisory
(RHBA-2000:079-03) contains 2.1.94 + patches, which is appeared to be
2.1.95 + standart little cygnus-to-redhat patch.

If you plan to make locales for glibc-2.1.92, you'll have to redo it for
glibc >= 2.1.94

Regards,
        Dmitry

Dmitry V. Levin     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Engineer   PGP pubkey http://www.fandra.org/users/ldv/pgpkeys.html
IPLabs Linux Team   http://linux.iplabs.ru
Fandra Project      http://www.fandra.org
UNIX is user friendly. It's just very selective about who it's friends are.

PGP signature