Warly wrote:
[.....]

> some people report that using Norton Disk Doc reformat reiserFS partition.
> Norton cannot reproduce, though, so I am wondering if there is a problem
> or not.
>
> Just try to use disk doctor, I do not know this soft, but it should
> have some kind of automatic check and repair disk function.

NDD is like graphic fsck for DOS/FAT - works fine with ReiserFS for
me. I have 4 logical partitions /2.5GB FAT32/130MB Linux swap/2.5GB
ReiserFS/1GB ext2. AFAICT it dose not even see ReiserFS when it does
automatic fsck from Windows crash, or when run inside Windows, or when
run from CDROM boot in DOS. So my Partition table & MBR was checked 6x
by this software & no problems were reported. Maybe Problem is with the
way people set up ReiserFS - sorry, can't help with that - I just know
to click some buttons at install :)

-WBD