I installed 7.2 on a Dell 350, desktop.  The installation succeded the
second time.  The first time I attempted an upgrade, but it did not work.

I then proceeded to try the CD on my Dell CPx 450 laptop.  The installation
was completed and the reboot proceeds up to the point where the login is
requested, at time which the screen begins to blink at twice per second.  I
tried to type and managed to enter 'root'; but cannot tell when the
characters are recognized while at the password prompt.

I tried the installation while the laptop was attached to a docking station
at out of it.

Any ideas?