Yo,

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 05:19:25AM -0800, Shalrath wrote:

> I get this error sometimes while installing rpm packages.  (ldconfig doesnt
> cause it)  I think that update-menus can cause it.   XFdrake will no longer
> start, it spits out the same error.
>
> perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
>         LANGUAGE = "en",
>         LC_ALL = (unset),
>         LC_MESSAGES = "en_US",
>         LC_TIME = "en_US",
>         LC_NUMERIC = "en_US",
>         LC_CTYPE = "en_US",
>         LC_MONETARY = "en_US",
>         LC_COLLATE = "en_US",
>         LANG = "en"
>     are supported and installed on your system.
>

> I cant be sure when this started happening.  (about 3 days ago)  Im not sure
> what package broke it.  kded (kde daemon) will segfault immediately after
> this error shows up.

Probably started happenening whhen you did something to your locale file
or maybe when you updated perl. It is a warning which could (mostly) be safely
ignored ...

--
Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
李長風

~/.signature 中文big5 compliant.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~snailtalk
ftp://devel.mandrakesoft.com/pub/people/snailtalk

"7 days of honeymoon makes one whole week."