On Friday 27 October 2000 09:12 am, you wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> > >I've just installed 7.2 (beta?) on a Pentium III - 600 MHz,
> > > 20GB of HD, 256 MB of RAM... When I tryed to boot up the
> > > system, just after the prompt "Lilo Boot:", I can see:

> Oppsss..
> I tryed with 7.1 and I get the same error!!!!!!!!
> Maybe a really really strange HD error?... I really don't know
> what to think about!  :°°°(
>       Claudio

    Sounds like hardware problems to me.  Take your case cover off
and re-seat everthing, eg, ram, cpu, cables, cards, etc.  Clean out
any dust bunnies.  While the covers still off, point a table fan
blowing into the case and try to boot.   If successful, try again
without the fan and with the cover on.  If it won't boot then,
heat's your problem.  It's usually the #1 offender.

     It's better to try to boot a 'memtest86' floppy tho, so you
won't risk your ext2fs if all's not well, and so you can run the
tests.     http://reality.sgi.com/cbrady_denver/memtest86/
--
Tom Brinkman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Galveston Bay