Hi all,

I have the following problem with using sound with mandrake:

Soundcard is a Soundblaster awe32 pnp. Using harddrake i am able to
correctly setup the soundcard and the testsounds being played are all ok.
Harddrake correctly modifies /etc/modules.conf. After that i can use xmms
and things like that. If i then however reboot the machine the sound no
longer works. Modules are loaded correctly. I have switched off the arts
sound server within kde2 but that also doesn't solve the problem. When
trying xmms it will hang when trying to play a mp3. Anyone any idea what
the problem could be ?

Richard Schiffelers