After compiling OpenSSH myself versus both OpenSSL 0.9.5.a and 0.9.6, I
cannot log in via sshd.  I have tried compiling normally and using the
included /etc/pam.d/sshd file and I have also tried compiling sshd
without pam support at all, and I am still unable to login at all,
though I do get a prompt and then rejected.  What could possibly be
preventing me from logging in at all with pam disabled in the compile?
The compile went to completion fine and I can use the ssh client without
a problem.  This is a stock Mandrake 7.2RC install without the OpenSSH
rpm installed, as I wished to compile it myself.  Is there something in
that RPM that I'm missing?  Even if I had the included sshd pam file
from the RPM, it should still work without pam support compiled in.  I'm
not on the list, so please reply to me as well.  Thanks, this is growing
increasingly frustrating.

Brian J. Conway
[EMAIL PROTECTED]