> "Mike & Tracy Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Hello Cooker,
> >     On install of mdk 7.2 (final?), Diskdrake ate my Windows
> 2000 partition -
> > any suggestions?  I did an expert install on a 13GB drive where Windows
> > occupied the first half of the drive.  When I got to diskdrake,
> I created a
> > swap and a "/" partition in my free space and chose only to
> format those two
> > partitions.  An error message popped up (nothing discriptive)
> and then all
> > my partitions were gone.
>
> i'm interested by this error! can you mail me the report.bug?
> to get it:
>
> during install, switch to console 2,
> put a fat floppy in floppy drive,
> and type "bug"
>
> -> it will put report.bug on floppy  and this file interests me :)
> (it will include the error message)
>
> thanks, cu Pixel.

Hello Pixel,
Sorry to be so late with this :(  Anyway, I've played with the setup several
times and found that if I choose to check for 'bad blocks' then the setup
will go through from there.  It seems to be that choosing not to check for
bad blocks is what causes the problem.  The error that I saw on the screen
was "An error occured swap area needs to be"  and that's it.  I've attached
the report.bug like you asked and now I'm going to try to do a normal
install. :)

thanks, Mike

report.bug