> Pixel wrote:
> >
> > "Mike & Tracy Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > this point) and after selecting the partitions you want
> again, it gives the
> > > error "DiskDrake failed to read correctly the partition
> table. Continue at
> > > your own risk!"  After this, I'm able to setup my partitions
> (excluding the
> >
> > the pb is:
> >
> > <4> hda: unknown partition table
> >
> > the kernel doesn't understand the partition table, whereas
> diskdrake does. Never
> > had this pb before :-/
> >
> > can you send me the first sector of hda?
> >
> > ("dd if=/dev/hda of=/tmp/mbr count=1" will do it)

Won't this syntax try to copy my entire /dev/hda?  Should I add 'bs=512' or
am I mistaken?  Also, I've been able to get everything installed now by just
getting Mandrake installed then reinstalling Windows 2000.  I'm now running
just fine and both OS's are playing together just fine (with lots of yelling
and kicking); will 'dd' ,etc. still give you the info you need or do I need
to re-create the situation?

Mike