I've noticed a lot of people having problems with getting kdevelop to work
on mandrake 7.2.  It's simple..  mandrake 7.2 has screwed up kde1-compat
libraries, so you have to get the kdelibs for 1.1.2 (it's off the main
mirrors, but you can find it w/ a ftpsearch).  Just install them (i put them
in /opt/kde-1.1.2), put /opt/kde-1.1.2/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf and ldconfig
them.  Then all you have to do is make sure the environment variable KDEDIR
is equal to /opt/kde-1.1.2 (KDEDIRS is for kde2).  Now you can install
kdevelop.  I'd recommend getting the latest cvs version (anoncvs.kde.org),
it's pretty much the 1.3 release that will be comming soon, but if you want,
you can stick w/ 1.2 (but the cvs version has a lot of new features aimed
towards kde2).  Now all you have to do is "./configure --prefix=/usr
--enable-kdoc2"  (that is if you want the files to be in /usr and not /opt
(which is probably desired) and you should enable kdoc2 b/c that's what kde2
uses.  Just run "make" and "make install" and you should be goood to go.
Look forward to the 1.3 release comming soon and the "KDE 2.0 Development"
book.

Hope I could be of some help
-Ben Ellis