>From: Burkhard Zombronner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [Cooker] kaiman
>Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 06:47:11 +0100
>
>Am Donnerstag 09 November 2000 05:40 schrieben Sie:
> > Whats wrong with kaiman is everyone having problems with it? Is there
>going
> > to be a rebuild kdemultimedia to fix kaiman, since it's never worked at
> > least for me only thing that happens is it uses about 86 percent of my
>cpu
> > and uses up most of my memory and stay like that tell I kill it, but
>does
> > not segfault.  Just wondering what going on? Hopefully cooker will be
> > getting more on topic since as of late seems to be wondering some.
> >
> > naz

> > http://profiles.msn.com.
>
>Same here on my box, kaiman will not work and is eating up all the memory
>and
>could only be killed -9. Otherwise it's started next reboot. Really a bug.
>
>Regards
>
>Burkhard Zombronner
>
>--
>Microsoft is not dead, it just smells funny

I guess wait tell the updates are released for kde2.1 which will hopefully
bring about a fix, I pulled kaiman out of my konqueror file associations,
but seems to be a real pain since I had a friend that just learning
linux-mandrake and couple times he started kaiman by activating a multimedia
file and it trys to start and he was not sure what was going on just know
his system was slowing to a crawl. Seems to be a bad point for a user
friendly distribution. But just trying to bring up a point that I feel needs
to be addressed, and in respone to a earlier posting, that I feel was kinda
of a attack, just trying to bring up a problem so it might be addressed, and
even if kaiman is "trashy" it's still a problem in a easy to use
distribution that should be taken care of in my opinion.

Thanks

Naz