Guillaume,

The disk did not work for me, cdrom.img.  I installed MD 7.1 right off the cd,
it's what I'm using to write you now.  My machine only runs Linux, no windows!
The old HD below has Vector Linux and the fireball runs Mandrake 7.1.

My set up:
hda: ATAPI CDROM
hdb: empty
hdc: Plextor CD-RW
hdd: empty
Promise ultra 66
hde: old 400 MB HD
hdf: Quantum Fireball 17GB
hdg: empty
hdh: empty

The system:
MB: Tyan Tiger 100
Dual PIII 500, not overclocked
256 MB ECC RAM
Matrox G400 Dual Head

The boot disk stops when it reaches ide2 IRQ 10 which is the interrupt for the
Promise card.

Hope this helps.

Jud Bishop

Quoting Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks to chmouel, we have a new boot kernel which maybe will fix:
>
> - some IDE problems
> - some Via Rhine/Tulip network cards problems (D-Link DFE-530TX is one)
>

> The stage2 is not yet updated, but if you can test the relevant boot
> diskette and it's proven to work, we can generate an updated version of
> the stage2 too.
>
> ftp://ftp.mandrakesoft.com/pub/gc/kernel-boot/
>

> You can be sure that you're using the updated version by reading "(pl1)"
> in the top-left part of the screen.
>

> You are mailed sinced you once reported probably relevant problems
> (network and/or IDE locks).
>
> *PLEASE* when you'll return to me with the results of this new boot
> diskette, shortly describe what was your problem because I don't
> remember
> any of you by name :-).
>

> --
> Guillaume Cottenceau -- Distribution Developer for MandrakeSoft
> http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/

This mail sent through IMP: imapssl.eng.auburn.edu