Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:

> Kevin Maciunas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I have installed 7.2 on My Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop and now have the
> > following strange behaviour:
> > Leave the machine alone and it hangs - hard!  Need to powercycle.
> > Occasionally X crashes (V4).
>
> do you have the regulator of the CPU actived ?

Do you mean the BIOS settings to set the thing to automatically suspend
after a period of inactivity?  No - it's set to "off".  I have never
wanted my BIOS to take the laptop away!  All this worked 100% under 7.0
and 7.1 (and I think 6.1, but can't quite recall).  I haven't changed
the BIOS and I just checked  it :-).

Wow, that was a quick response!
/Kevin
--
Kevin J. Maciunas                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Department of Computer Science  PH: +61-8-8303-5586