this is to update my report
that when internal network is busy the same thing happens see the screen
capture.
no ppp0 packet are crossing is the image.
if i stop internal network activity
the wget in the konsole window continue just fine.
if i start copy a file from a linux to a windows workstation the external
network traffic stops.

can anyone coment this

thks
  lafa

On Saturday 18 November 2000 23:26, you wrote:
> kmail, locate, etc it can be any application that takes cpu time.
>
> On Saturday 18 November 2000 04:52, you wrote:
> > Hello, Luis.  What applications do you run when you're connected to the
> > net?
> >
> > On Friday 17 November 2000 20:02, you wrote:
> > > i upgraded my 7.1 mandrake to 72
> > > and now when i'm connected to the net
> > > and my cpu is 100%
> > > the connection get's slower, bumpy, instable in terms of speed
> > > i have a extern modem,
> > > this didn't happen in mandrake 71 before.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have a explanation to this behaviour.
> > >
> > > tkx
> > >    lafa

Luis Antonio Ferreira Alves     L.E.S.I.           Universidade do Minho
                                                      Portugal, Europe
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                  www.uminho.pt
       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                  Departamento de Informatica
url: http://surf.to/lafahome                       www.di.uminho.pt

ICQ: 5061305

snapshot1.png