Hi!

Just completed a mainly successful installation of 7.2.
The computer is as follows:
TX based board with CMI8330 onboard sound, IBM P200+  WesternDigital 6.4GB
UDMA2 on primary, Quantum Bigfoot 2GB mode4 + NoName 40speed CD-ROM
on Secondary, 3C509b NIC, ATI 2MB PCI video card.
Oh, and Winblows98SE on the WD :-(

1st problem: Doing a stock standard workstation install,  and after it
checked the size of the
windows partition the screen that you have to ok the resize of the windows
partition
appeared, but frozen!
The computer was not completely frozen as numlock could be turned on and off
and
the mouse worked but no buttons on the screen responded, ctl/alt/del did
nothing, only
hardware reset :-(
I tried several times but same result, fiddled with Bios settings, still no
go.
In the end I did an expert install, manually resized the windows partition
and manually
allocated as I saw fit, and continued the installation in expert mode.
Worked fine.

2nd problem: The onboard CMI8330 was detected as CMI8338, and doesn't work.
I didn't have time to play around with it last night but will look at it
more closely this evening.

A question:
If you have more than one HDD could the auto allocate include the 2nd
drive?, perhaps
as an option?

An observation:
Initially I used Norton Speeddisk to de-fragment the drives prior to
installation.
For some unknown reason it put a few blocks of data right at the end of the
disk,
effectively making the disk appear full.
Running Winblows built in defrag moved this data back to the beginning of
the disk.

Cheers to all, and congrats on a very polished product!

Mike.

Michael Perry.
R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
<<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.