Hey SW:
Thanks.
AAHH, yes. All true. I had it set up to run correctly before the
updates. After the updates, it would not.
And, even thru all of that rigamarow, it still does not display the
parameters that are in the menu item because what you see is not the
xearth program started from the menu that is *still* running(check w/
gtop).  What you see is a KDE program to display xearth and a work
around that does not 'work around' very good, imo.
If you logout out of KDE, you will see a quick flash of the xearth
program as it should be(based on the menu parameters).

It runs just fine in Gnome - and no rigamarow* either.

Have A Great Day!

rj

* rigamarow was loosely defined by my mother once as a description of
something similar to having to go up the mountain to fetch a pail so
that you could draw the water from the well behind the house in order
for you to have a drink because you were thirsty.
--- Steve Wray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I got it to work...
> In case you didn't try it heres what I did.
>
> You right click the desktop,
> select "Configure Background..."
>
> First tab is "Background"
> "Mode:" set that to "Background Program"
> Press the "Setup" button below.
> Select "xearth"
> Press "Modify" if you want to change from defaults.
> Press "Ok"
>
> *** Its not over yet ***
>
> Next tab is "Wallpaper"
> Set "Mode" to "No Wallpaper"
>
> *NOW* you can press "Ok"
> and you *should* have xearth in the root window!

=====
Regards,
rj

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one
that has to walk through it. -Morpheus, The Matrix
.lll
.°¿°
. ~