The hack kernel doesn't recognize my usb mouse, unfortunately.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pedro Rosa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2000 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Cooker] kernel-2.4.0

: Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
:
: > Hi,
: >
: > To be ready to the upcoming kernel-2.4.0 i'll begin the switch soon,
: > there is a lot of issue who need to be resolved, i have beginned some
: > package if you want to test them you can download from :
: >
: > https://kenobi.mandrakesoft.com/~chmou/kernel24/
: >
: > it based on test11-pre4 (yes i know pre5 is out), let me know if you
: > have problems.
: >
: > There is some architechtural changes, here i list them :
: >
: > --=-=-=
: > alsa is merged into the kernel-??? (when ??? is -smp or normal or other
: > kernel package) as well as alsa-source is merged in kernel-source
: >
: > kernel-headers doen't provide anymore a link to the source kernel but
: > the real headers file, we should recompile the glibc with the last
: > kernel-headers before releasing.
: > --=-=-=
: >
: > [1]  soon can be a lot sometime....
: >
: I've been using the hackernel packages for nearly two monthes and
: compiled them under gcc 2.96 +  glibc 2.1.9x/2.2. I would like to
: mention a few moments I've meet on these rpms. First that it is usual to
: find dependencies broken. Yes, a "make mrproper"  helps but still the
: "fresh" source package is always suffering some of broken dependencies.
: Second why there is not an "original" i686 config?  Today I think there
: are enough i686 around, to turn this architecture on, even if it does
: not make a big difference with i586. Anyway my experience shows that the
: i686 has worked 95-100% ok on a dual SMP machine. As a more specific
: note I can say that under hackkernel the following works on my hardware:
: SMP, Alsa, Ethernet, IP, IPX, NCP (connections to Novell 5), SMB,
: UDMA/66, DRM, lmsensors, i2c, etc.
:
: There are issues with reiserfs (it kills the kernel during large data
: transfer), with OSS (it breaks frequently, from build to build. It seems
: something is wrong with DMA code), and sometimes with v4l (modules get
: broken in relation to i2c).
: The motherboard is a Abit BP6 and I have an Avermedia TVPhone98. My
: soundcard is a GUS MAX.
:
: I  general the machine works normally with only some unfrequent glitches
: on X under 16 bit color.
:
: Now I downloaded your last package and will give a try. Right now I'm
: fighting your options. First I would like to ask what are the chances to
: see reiserfs alive in a near future. Myself I've seeing reiser broken
: for at least a month.
:
: Second what is this kgcc option?
: