from the quill of Robert L Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > 1. Support for QuickCam USB
>
> a correctly installed 2.4 kernel should support both items
> USB support and Video for Linux should pick up the camera

Yeah?  You sure?  The last time I looked Logitech refused to give out
specs (freely) to their cameras.  From the "Building Number Three"
webpage (http://roadrunner.swansea.linux.org.uk/v4l.shtml):

   Color Quickcam
   The earlier versions of the Colour Quickcam are supported by this
   driver. Again it is a fairly low quality CCD camera.
   Later color quickcam devices are not supported as the manufacturer
   now has silly rules about documentation availability.

AFAIK, this has not changed.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell