Thanks for the quick reply!

Am Montag 13 November 2000 11:38 schrieben Sie:
> Try one of the following things (I do not know whether all points really
> work exactly as described here):
>
> - Run CUPS and LPD in parallel by letting CUPS as is and installing the
> lpr and rhs-printfilters packages. Use "printerdrake -expert" or
> "printerdrake -lpr". In this case the LPD printing commands are
> "lpr-lpd", "lpq-lpd", "lprm-lpd", and "lpc-lpd".

I succeded with this way (CUPS + LPD). Your hint "printerdrake -lpr" helped
me to build a seperate lpr-printer with the correspondend rhs-printfilter.

> - CUPS can emulate LPD, see http://localhost:631/sam.html or
> http://www.cups.org/sam.html (CUPS-LPD mini-daemon).

I did not succeed with the CUPS-MINI-daemon. Maybe I did not set up
correctly. But I have it working with the first way.

> - Run only LPD by removing CUPS, installing lpr and rhs-printfilters and
> using "printerdrake -expert" or "printerdrake -lpr".

I did not try this, it would be the worst solution to my oppinion.

> - If you want to use the "printtool", it is in the contribs.
>
>    Till
>
> "W.Kasberg" wrote:
> > Mandrake7.2 came up with cups printing system. Under linux it is ok an
> > works fine.
> > But I am using WinNT via vmware (version 2.03) on an existing partition
> > and I cannot print from WInNt to my locally connected printer (lpt1,
> > HPLaserjet1100) neither directly to /dev/lp0 resp. /dev/parport0 or via
> > lpr/lpd printing system.
> >
> > Therefore I want to remove cups from my system and go back to lpr system.
> > But I cannot manage this. Even when I have removed cups from my
> > system, on installing new printer I am asked for cups.
> >
> > How can I manage this?
> >
> > Thanks for any hint.
> >
> > W. Kasberg

W. Kasberg