I have seen that for quite long time no one updates the squid package -
right now the mirror shows 2.3-STABLE2. But, for quite long, STABLE4 is
on the shelf. Moreover the STABLE2 version has some bugs that don't make
it quite pretty for massive use (experienced on my own sweat) At least
STABLE3 is needed for normal use (note: this one has real trouble with
big caches - >5Gb). So anyway it would be cool to have STABLE4 (on squid
site it is not mentioned in some pages, but it is there! We work on it).
Could the maintainer take care of this?

Ektanoor