Hoyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 28.11.2000 03:54:29

Bitte antworten an [EMAIL PROTECTED]

An:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Kopie:     (Blindkopie: Nigel Webber/RSD)
Thema:    [Cooker] USB cpia video cam modules for 7.2?

>USB cpia video cam modules for 7.2?

>Has anyone compiled the cpia_usb.o and cpia.o modules for the 2.2.17-21mdk
>kernel from Mandrake 7.2? I can get the cpia.o and cpia_pp.o (parallel port)
>modules to compile, but not the USB module which is the one I need.

This works fine for my Creative Webcam 2. I rebuilt the kernel, included the
approptiate drivers as modules, insmodded them, and the camera responds with
pics. I dont beleive that it was nessesary to rebuild the kernel though - should
have worked out of the box.

If you rebuild the kernel, make sure that the 'show experimental drivers' option
is switched on, select Video for linux, and then the USB CPIA module. Once
booted, do an
insmod cpia (this loads the cpia_usb as well). Then install and run gqcam to get
a pic.

The only problem that I have is getting the modules to autostart. I have tried
putting them in /etc/modules, in which case they get loaded, but gqcam gives me
a /dev/video does not exist. I have also put them in modules.conf as a
dependancy of all the USB stuff, but I get the same error (even though the
modules load without errors).

Also, removing and inserting the camera's USB cable results in an error 'unknown
device' in the logs.

I have taken to insmodding them manually after boot in which case there are no
problems - the camera can be seen as recognised on console 12.

Regards

Nigel