Yo,

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 04:00:50PM -0800, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> I have noticed, in the kernel SPECfile for instance, you can define
> different sub-packages with different Version: tags.  This seems to work

Yes.

> only with the Mandrake supplied rpm however.  A stock rpm changes the
> %{version} macro according to the most recent Version: tag.
>
> Are my observations correct or is there something I am missing?

Well if you are not too sure you can always use:

%define foover 1.0
%define barver 1.1

Version: %{foover}

[...]

%package bar
[...]
Version: %{barver}

--
Geoffrey Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
§õªø­·

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~snailtalk
ftp://devel.mandrakesoft.com/pub/people/snailtalk

"Seven days in a honeymoon makes one whole week."