7 ??????? 2000 17:37, Florin Grad ???????:
|   Hi there,
|
|   what are your whishes/questions ?

Hello Florin!

First - I think that Ice WM is great!
/well, I lot of people were saying that KDE is great or Gnome is great. I
want to say that about Ice WM ! /

here is short ewxtarct from my mail on Expert-minimal setup experience:
(Nov. 26)
--------------
8)  I really liked IceWM starting by default after Expert-minimal install.
Major disadvantage that.... there were no programs installed for X/IceWM, so
it was completely unusable. The worst tyhing is that:
-there were no terminal program, neither in menu nor in task bar
I added aterm, very light terminal emulator, during install, but it was not
present in menu. And, as there was no console present (or something like
KPackage), I could not install new terminal from command prompt.
Add Program on Right Mouse Button present on panel feature (like in
KDE/Gnome) will be very nice for IceWM, IMHO.
And, I'd like to know:
-when is the next version of IceWM is expected?
-can we expect major upgrade, like KDE1 to KDE2?
-what about more flexible Window Decorations?
I personally like SawFish decorations a lot, but as I am using mostly (99%)
KDE2, don't want to overload KDE2 with SawFish (which will require GTK)
KWin needs improvement, to my mind, and it's unlikely that we will get it
improved in KDE 2.1.
-I'd like to have possibility to substitute KWin from KDE2 with IceWM
Is it possible to disable IceWM's panel down the screen, and use panel from
KDE2?
-does IceWM has some own Widget Style/Library?
Is it possible to develop applications for IceWM?
I know that most people are now splitted into KDE and GNOME camps, but it
would be very good to have possibility to write light, not depending on
GTK/GNome or QT2/KDE, applications, for "light" install.

IceWM gives HUGE improvement in speed over KDE, and for light or server-only
setup it can be good solution. (DNS configuration, user Add/Remove, etc.)

OT.  that's not related to Ice WM, but to WindowMaker/AfterStep.
Does somebody know when it will be possible to have Display Postscript in
WindowMaker? I have read on site that this is under development, but have no
update on it. And again, not si much time to read one more mailing list...
Thanks!
--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)