Cooker Expert Upgrade Development (almost full) - using hd.img.
VERSION: Linux-Mandrake Cooker-i586 20001209  4:01

[17:22 root@penguin:/home/peter]# drakfont

Gdk-WARNING **: Creating pixmap from xpm with NULL window and colormap

... then I deleted a couple of truetype fonts and ...

Gtk-ERROR **: Unable to load default font.
aborting...

I now have to [Ctrl-Alt-F2], log on as root and do:
        /etc/init.d/xfs stop
        /etc/init.d/xfs start
before anything else gets messed up - then it's OK.  Shouldn't DrakFont do
this itself?
        Peter Ruskin,  Wrexham, UK  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    Preferred desktop environment KDE 1.1.2
         KDE 2.0 still not fit for production machines as of 09-Dec-00.
                 Linux 2.4.0-0.7mdk, Uptime 0 hours 53 minutes