Vadim Plessky wrote:

>  7 ??????? 2000 06:03, Zeljko Vukman ???????:
> |   On Thursday 07 December 2000 02:51, Steve Wray wrote:
> |   > > On Wednesday 06 December 2000 15:26, Daniel Tabuenca wrote:
> |   > > > Is there an official set of RPMS for upgrading to KDE 2.0.1. This
> |   > > > is a BUG FIX release so I think it is important that current users
> |   > > > of Mandrake 7.2 be able to upgrade perhaps even with the mandrake
> |   > > > update facility.
> |   > >
> |   > > You are dreaming. Mandrake has no plans to make RPMS of Kde2.0.1
> |   > > for Mandrake
> |   > > 7.2. The only available 2.0.1 will be on Cooker (which is BTW binary
> |   > > incompatible with 7.2). Compile yourself.
> |   >
> |   > I am not sourcecode! I am a free man!
> |   > Pity this doesn't go to alt.humor.best-of-usenet...
> |   > Sorry but I really couldn't resist that
> |   > (to tell the truth I didn't even try)
> |
> |   You will compile yourself when you choose to compile Kde2.0.1.
> |   He, he..
> |   Now I must be serious. Mandrake Comp. said that no final Kde-2.0.1 will
> | be available for users of Mandrake 7.2.
> |   I compiled myself when I had to compile final Kde-2.0.1. It took 24
> | hours. I was totally compiled after that experience.
>
> Do you have now binary RPMs (or compiled from tar.gz)?
> If you have binary RPMs for LM 7.2, may be, we can make them public on some
> ftp server?
> Finally, we can put them on RPMFIND.net, why not?  Just mark them as
> "Builder: LM Fan Club; Distribution: Linux Mandrake 7.2"
>
> As I already said, it's much better to use KDE 2.1 ... when it's available,
> and not to use KDE 2.0.1. Unfortunately, KDE 2.1 is not in Release condition
> yet.
>
> P.S. I have working QT 2.2.2 binary rpms for LM 7.2, and (god!) it is i686
> built. (not  *default* i586)
> If somebody is interested - let me know.  Binary has bigger size then RPMs
> created by Chris. /don't know why; if you know why - let me know ;-/
>
> I can built i586 binary as well, if there is an interest. It just 35 minutes
> on my Pentium III box.
> To my mind, you should update to QT 2.2.2 even if you use KDE 2.0 Release
> from LM 7.2.  And, QT 2.2.3 is very close...
>
> --
>
> Vadim Plessky
> http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/index_rus.html  (Russian)
> Do you have Arial font installed? Just test it!
> http://kde2.newmail.ru/font_test_arial.html

Vadim,
I would be VERY interested in getting copies of the spec files for both
qt-2.2.2 and KDE 2.0.1.  I've already downloaded the source for all but
I prefer to build the rpms myself (I'm not really enamored of the idea
of using -ffast-math with and optimization level of 3)  Also the CPU I
have is a K6-2 450MHz.  Would it be possible to post the spec files
somewhere?

Thanks and best regards,
Arnold Troeger