> I dont know if this has been addressed before but ISDN setup is still not
> working very well (at least in 7.2). Yes, I can get my hardware to work with
> isdn setup and manually calling
> ifup ippp0
> isdnctrl dial ippp0
> route add default ippp0

You're absolutely right, I had the same problem.

> But I dont understand why my default route is not set automatically by ifup
> ippp0. There is these lines in ifup:
>
> if [ "${GATEWAYDEV}" = "" -o "${GATEWAYDEV}" = "${DEVICE}" ]; then
>         # set up default gateway
>         if [ "${GATEWAY}" != "" ]; then
>             route add default gw ${GATEWAY} ${DEVICE}
>             DEFGW=${GATEWAY}
>         elif [ "${GATEWAYDEV}" = "${DEVICE}" ]; then
>             route add default ${DEVICE}
>         fi
>     fi

I don't know exactly, but I traced this problem some weeks ago.
I think, the problem was that ifup-ippp0 wasn't executed by ifup.

> Besides this, Mandrake is an awesome distribution. I switched from SuSE and
> like my Mandrake better every day I use it.

You're so right !!! I also switched from SuSE.
But - even if it's hard for some of you - Debian is still better because of the
Debian-Package-Format (much better than RPM, even if extended by Apt).

> PS sorry for my bad English

>From me, too :-)

Bye
Michael