Frederic Lepied wrote:

> --=-=-=
> Name        : XFree86                      Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 4.0.1z                            Vendor: MandrakeSoft

Is this being built with the Matrox HALlib for the MGA driver or with
init routines supplied by XFree86.org? The reason I'm asking is that if
the Matrox library is used then multi-head in X is possible (and can be
accelerated with OpenGL). AFAIK, the last time I tried the stock XFree86
driver it would not work.

The only sad thing is that Matrox won't open the HALlib, but the XFree86
guys have merged the supporting code into the tree to allow that to be
built in as an option over the default.

John