Hi folks,

I know there was a big move to kernel 2.4 I also have installed
it with success and it works most time very well,

BUT I have some modules (e.g. for the IBM Etherjet-PCMCIA-card)
which are ONLY working withe kernel 2.2*.
src can't compiled with 2.4-kernels and the developer wants wait until
2.4 is offical released.
In the past I could run both kernels on cooker - why not now ?
Always since the last updates I get during the boot-process now

Freeing unused kernel memory: 124k freed
FATAL: kernel too old

and the system stops.

Please make the cooker compatible with the old 2.2.*-kernel,
I think there are lot more issues to do this.

Thanks,
Udo