hello -

        Tried using my modem instead of my cable modem connection.  The
dialer dials fine, and the modem connects ok, then things bomb.  The
debug message says:

Dec 17 19:19:25 localhost pppd[1147]: This system lacks kernel support
for PPP.  This could be because the PPP kernel module could not be
loaded, or because PPP was not included in the kernel configuration.  If
PPP was included as a module, try `/sbin/modprobe -v ppp'.

        I have seen this message for both the current kernel, and the previous
one.  Can somebody fill me in?  I know this has been fixed.

        Vincent Meyer