On Tue, 26 Dec 2000 20:01:58 GMT,"Manuel de Vries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just tried cooker for the first time since 7.2 came out.
> Unfortunately, I did not get very far.
> In the step "Hard Drive Detection" I get the error:
>     An Error occurred: insmod'ing ide-cd failed.
> When I look at the console, it shows the following error:
>     Warning insmod'ing module ide-cd failed at
>       /usr/bin/per-install/modules.pm line 486.
>
> How can I fix this?

I got the same message trying the 7.2 betas when 7.1 was the current
release. I then tried copying all the files to the hard disk and rawrite'd
a hd install floppy. That got everything installed, the bits that worked,
that is, but it didn't boot properly.

Sorry I don't have an answer, but I'd like to know why it doesn't work.

Peter