On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:04:18PM -0600, Robin Cook wrote:
> > Hello Geoffrey,
> >
> > Will have to look but last time there wasn't anything there.  I used
> > linuxconf to set the kernel module.
>
> Well if you don't have nothing in your  /etc/modules.conf then of course the
> 8139too module will not load on boot.

I think a big part of the problem here is that the module used by some SMC
cards has changed.  There are cards that used to use the rtl8139 module,
but now use the 8139too module.

I think what he is trying to get around to saying is that detection is not
working quite right for this card.  (I know it has problems with that
card, because I have the same model on one of my main servers.)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."