Pixel wrote:

> it should be fixed now. at least with
>
> Mandrake/base:
> -rw-r--r--   1 root     root     11859052 Jan  6 22:22 mdkinst_stage2.gz

We need the GMT offset of this date/time and an assurance that
timestamps are handled across timezones with the integrity that rsync
uses during the developer-reference machine-primary mirror- mirrors
process.

For example, I am in GMT+1100 and I see (Konqueror):

Mandrake/base:

[ron@small base]$ ls -l mdkinst_stage2.gz
-rw-r--r--    1 ron      ron      11859052 Jan  7 08:22
mdkinst_stage2.gz

This shows a +10 hour time difference.  The size and 22 minutes in
both cases looks encouraging.

Your email is GMT+1, so if that is also the tz of your reference
mirror, all is explained.

But the KDE2.1 Konqueror Properties on it shows a size of 12,936,351
???

I believe what the command line says!

Interestingly, the KDE panel Show Desktop button leaves this
Properties dialog showing - KDE2 is certainly not quite there yet ...

However, today's cooker rsync download shows:

-rw-r--r--    1 ron      ron      11910195 Jan  9 05:21
mdkinst_stage2.gz

After losing my Windows partition at the last Cooker install I
attempted, I am not inclined to try another Cooker install until I
receive multiple trusted assurances that such things will not happen
again.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]