On 2001.01.09 Ron Stodden wrote:
> "J . A . Magallon" wrote:
> >
> > Please,  where can I found the mkcd.sh script that some people talked about
> ?
> > I NEED to burn cooker on CDs to be able to recover the system.
>
> Pray, why?   If you have the cooker download all ready to make CDs
> from, why?

You want to know everything. Well, here's the full story. I have plenty of
disk space at work, and a fast connection (a University engineering school).
So I have cooker at work. At home I have no room to store the full distro
on disk. So I would like to burn the CDs and take them home.

> Just install Cooker into another partition using a floppy made from
> the /images/hd.img from your Cooker download partition.  Read the
> instructions in the download.
>
> > Last time
> > I installed a buggy rpm for glibc, the boot disks or CDs of 7.2 worth
> > noting over a system running glibc22 and rpm4.
>
> Regretfully not comprehensible English.

Sorry, I sould better talk like indians:
- rpm -U glibc-xxxxxxxxxxx
- no boot
- boot with mdk 7.2 CD
- /CD/bin/rpm --root /my/disk -U --force old-glibc-xxxxxxxx:
        error: no rpm version 3 database, glibc is rpm v4 and so on...
- /my/disk/bin/rpm .....: glibc22 binary, does not work with glibc on
  boot CD.

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.0-ac4 #1 SMP Mon Jan 8 22:10:06 CET 2001 i686