"Brian J. Murrell" wrote:

> So I have noticed that in cooker, there is devfsd and dev.  What is
> their relevance to each other?  Surely I would not load dev if I am
> using devfsd right?  Is there a Conflicts: set up between them if this
> is so?

There is no conflict between them, although they do perform a similar
function when you know the fine detail. Package devfs is relevant to the
new kernel 2.4 - it automatically makes /dev/* entries.

It is not yet simple to use. Its status is still experimental, so you
should only install and use it if you already know you need/want it.

--
- Antony Suter  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  "ExWired"  openpgp:71ADFC87
- "...to condense fact from the vapor of nuance."