Robin Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok Xinetd is running but when I try to connect to the computer via ftp
> from another computer it doesn't start.  Here is the message in the
> messages log file.
>
> xinetd[1677]: execv( /usr/sbin/in.ftpd ) failed: bad address (errno =
> 14)

Is the service started?

$ cat /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd
# default: on
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.ftpd
        server_args             = -l -a
        log_on_success          += DURATION USERID
        log_on_failure          += USERID
        nice                    = 10
}

$ rpm -q xinetd wu-ftpd