Hello,

I'm rather new to this list. I use Mandrake for about half a year now and
I like it a lot.

I'm trying to compile XFree86-4.0.2-6mdk.src.rpm on my system.
The problem is, it breaks somewhere at the drm stuff.
This is what i use:
Kernel 2.4.0 (tar.gz)
gcc-2.96-0.33mdk
glibc-2.2.1-1mdk

I'm trying to compile XFree without having edited the specfile.
This system was originally a Mandrake 7.1 system, but upgraded with a lot
from 7.2 and Cooker.
I don't think anything is wrong with my system, i can compile the
glibc, gcc and perl src.rpm's and a lot (i believe all) of the others too.

These are the error messages i get:
=== KERNEL HEADERS IN /usr/src/linux-2.4.0/include
=== SMP=0 MODULES=1 MODVERSIONS=1 AGP=1
=== kill_fasync has 3 parameters
=== Compiling for machine i586
cc -O2 -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -D__KERNEL__
-DMODULE -fomit-frame-pointer -DCONFIG_AGP -DCONFIG_AGP_MODULE
-DMODVERSIONS -include /usr/src/linux-2.4.0/include/linux/modversions.h
-DKILLFASYNCHASTHREEPARAMETERS -I/usr/src/linux-2.4.0/include -c
gamma_dma.c -o gamma_dma.o
gamma_dma.c: In function `gamma_irq_install':
gamma_dma.c:654: structure has no member named `next'
make[9]: *** [gamma_dma.o] Error 1

Strange thing what i'm confused about is the Glide stuff.
In the specfile it says this:
%package glide-module
BuildRequires: Glide_V3-DRI-devel Glide_V2-devel

Well, when i want to install the 2 of those, rpm says the packages
conflict. When i install Glide_V2 it breaks on the tdfx stuff, when i
install Glide_V3, it compiles the tdfx stuff ok.
I assume this has nothing to do with my problem, but i just make a note
of it.

Hope someone can help me out.

--
Marcel Pol