Hi

This was not pleasant. Basically I had four installations on my
harddrive. Mdk 7.2, a cooker and a cookerwith hdreiserfs and a debian.
Common to all these was a partition called the garage where a had my
mirrors of all the systems. This was meant to be a security as only root
could access /mnt/garage.

I observed that I could not chown a file to the user and got suspicious.
I rebooted into debian and the same thing happend.

So I have now formated everything and started fresh. The only thing I
had was the three startdisks for debian so that was the first to enter.
I got a network.img for mdk7.2 and got it installed, but was too
restrictive and have no update icon.

My problem is that the 'update files' are so many and I dont want to do
that from within mdk7.2, when not secure. I suspect I will have to
install a cdwriter and download the iso-images, as they have md5sums.

For the future I would like every file to be accomanied by that.

What is the best way or most secure one? I suspect the intruder to be a
student from the local highschool, so we are on the same LAN.

regards
guran