On 04-Feb-01 David Relson wrote:
> I'm trying to update my Mandrake 7.2 system from python-1.5.2 to
> python-2.
> If I try to install the python, tkinter, and
> libstdc++ packages, rpm compalins that "libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3 is
> needed by ..." (details are below).
>
> Any suggestions as to the best approach to take?

I wouldn't know what the best approach is.
What i did was this:
ln -s /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3
which makes a symbolic link from the first file to the second.
Then i installed all the rpm's with --nodeps.
Till now (a few weeks) i haven't run into problems.

--
Marcel Pol
[EMAIL PROTECTED]