Hi

Linux-Mandrake Cooker -i586 20010206 1:00

rtl8139 full install no supermount

Package group installation as previous, i.e. no group to be installed by
default, I check for everyone to be installed, and OK. In the next stage
the thermometer is set to 81% = 158MB. I check in the left margin for a
rerun of package group install. This time all groups are on by default -
OK. In the next page the thermometer is on 40% = 800 MB. Full gives
2250MB.

On installation of network, my rtl8139 is found, but when going for the
next stage, it reports 'an error occured no network card found'.

After installation, in KDE, I use DrakeConf to install my card. I am
asked to restart my card and then everything seems to give up. It is
impossible to launch a terminal from menu or netscape from the desktop
icon.
I try to ping my gateway from a non X11 console and the ping command is
not to be found.

I give up

regards
guran