Mandrake 7.2 with kernel-2.4.1-mdk4 (and 2.4.0-various as well),
initscripts-5.54-3mdk. I write it off memory, so sorry if some lines are not
precisely correct.

1. To be of any use, supermount'ed devices should automounted, that happens in
stock 7.2. This is done in rc.sysinit before mandrake_everytime is called. It
means, that when mandrake_everytime tries insmod supermount, supermount is
already loaded, insmod fails and supermount is disabled :-)

2. Current check does not account for built-in supermount. I forgot the name
of a file where current filesystems are listed, assuming it to be
/proc/kernel/fs, correct check looks like

! grep -q '^supermount$' /proc/kernel/fs && !insmod -q supermount && disable
supermount

This would account for both builtin and module case and for module being
already loaded.

3. For whatever reason supermount on 2.4.x (both 2.4.0 and 2.4.1) does not
like ``nohide'' option for floppy vfat. If I remove this option everything is
O.K; with this option automount at boot time bails out with general error
message.

4. When I try ``supermount enable'' it will add supermount for all devices,
not just removable. I understand, it may be impossible to know which are
removable and which are not ... in this case something like

supermount (dis|en)able /dev/cdrom
supermount (dis|en)able all

is nice.

5. Finally, ``supermount disable'' adds ``noauto'' option, but ``supermount
enable'' does not remove it. Som after supermount enable devices are not
mounted automatically - as a result, no automount.

cheers

-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>