Am Donnerstag 08 Februar 2001 16:09 schrieben Sie:
> If you did an rpm -Uvh or rpm -Fvh on the entire LM 7.2 updates site, you
> will encounter that problem.
>
> What i did after that "mistake" was to remove kdebase (rpm -e --nodeps
> kdebase) and reinstall it (rpm -i kdebase-2.0.1*)
>
> This will fix your icons (at least on my system it did).
>
> HTH.
>
> Ian
>
> On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, David MacKenzie wrote:
> > Preface:
> > I can't find anywhere on www.linux-mandrake.com saying how to report
> > bugs in the current distribution or updates, and qa.mandrakesoft.com
> > asks for a password that I don't know how to get.  So I am sending
> > this bug report to the cooker list (which I am on) as a semi-last
> > resort.
> >
> > I'm running 7.2 (from an ISO from linuxiso.org; I bought the
> > early-release 7.2 boxed set but didn't install it) on a PC with the
> > applicable update RPMs.  After installing the KDE 2.0.1 RPM's from the
> > mirror on ftp.tux.org, a bunch of things stopped working:
> >
> > 1. No more login and logout sounds.
> > 2. Most of the little icons on the left side of the bar on the bottom
> > of the screen turned into the generic gear.  They used to be a house,
> > a terminal, a geodisic whatsit, etc.  When clicked on they bring up an
> > error message saying that whatever it was they pointed to is not found.
> > 3. The Configuration->KDE->LookNFeel menus are nearly empty.  There's
> > only one entry.

Maybe the problem with vanished icons and/or vanished links to the icons
may be solved by staring "update-menus -v" from a console terminal (as root).
This should be done afer an kde upgrading (as I learned by doing)

W. Kasberg
--
!  Walter Kasberg    Lehrstuhl fuer Flugdynamik     RWTH Aachen