On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Rocky Hetherington wrote:

> This nice feature is let down by the fact that it doesn't set X up to
> use the mouse properly (kind of negating the use for it during
> installation).

i've found that to set up the mouse during installation, i choose my generic
wheeled ps-2 mouse, and then the install program disappears the pointer and
moves on to the next stage of install, minus the pointer and before testing
the mouse...

but if i just wait at that stage, move the mouse and wheel around, the
pointer re-appears...i can then go back, rechoose and test the mouse
successfully...it then is also properly configured when i boot up after
install...

frank