On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 06:30:58PM +0100, Warly wrote:
> > Derek Wildstar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > it wouldn't be
>
> And rpmdrake will be able to do "cooker" updates for those of us
> testing cooker?  How does one tell it where to update from then?

my point exactly.  rpmdrake is also a bit broken, try to go to "add media"
from the media screen, nothing happens.  Did more digging on the
MandrakeUpdate problem, it now appears to be a kernel problem, partly
because it happens "sometimes" and partly because it happens less when i
strace the process.  I noticed problems with SHM access so trying
1) running with the kernel provided (kernel-2.4.1-16mdk.i586.rpm)
2) running with my kernel and SHMfs compiled out.

-dwild