On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

> There's quite an annoying bug in cooker at the moment. When you need to
> manually do a fsck (when booting & it's detected problems on your disk
> which it can't correct on it;s own), it says it's dropping you into a
> shell (normally you'll have to give a password first) but it now
> doesn't. No password is asked and no shell is given.
>
> The crtl-C you can continue booting, but that won't help ofcourse if you
> / system is locked... That put you in an endless loop, the only way out
> is to use some kind of rescue disk (linuxcare business card disk,
> Mandrake installer, etc).
>
> Please verify & fix...
>
> Stefan

I also don't like that if it needs to fsck, say /dev/hda7 and /dev/hda8,
it says 'Checking /dev/hde7 .. /dev/hde8' all at once, and *then* precedes
to check them after printing the message for all partitions. In other
words, it should say 'Checking /dev/hda7', check /dev/hde7, say 'Checking
/dev/hda8', then check /dev/hda8.

Also, with the new initscripts the startup process hangs, and there are
very large delays between some of the commands. The delays seem
intermittent. With the old initscripts everything goes fine.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>