On Sunday 18 February 2001 11:55, James mitchell wrote:
> > > I've found two problems:
> > > 1> $work_dir is not being created.
> > > 2> The first ISO is not being build because the path to compss is
> > > $rep/Mandrake/base, not $work_dir
>
> There were a couple more problems I found.  Appending the list of RPMs
> for disk 1 to the mkisofs command gives it too many arguments, and it
> quits.  I dumped the list of rpms to a file in $work_dir, and used the
> -path-list flag to get those files included.  This finally lead to
> mkcd.pl succeeding.  Unfortunately the resulting ISO was about 820MB,
> somewhat larger than my 80 minute CDs.

This is odd, since I rsync'ed this morning, and than ran the script after
making the directory changes you pointed out earlier.  These are my isos:

[root@linux1 cooker]# ls -lh /backup/iso/*Cooker*
-rw-r--r--    1 root     ewilts       640M Feb 18 10:40
/backup/iso/1-Cooker-i586.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     ewilts       547M Feb 18 10:42
/backup/iso/2-Cooker-i586.iso
-rw-r--r--    1 root     ewilts       247M Feb 18 10:42
/backup/iso/3-Cooker-i586.iso

I ran mine while already running an up-to-date cooker.

 After all... if I were running cooker,
> under which these work fine, I could have used MandrakeUpdate, or
> whatever the automatic updater of choice is today (rpmdrake won't let
> me add package repositories, and seems sullenly useless right now).

Actually, there is a good reason to run mkcd.pl while already running Cooker:

1)  To allow me to install the cooker release on another system
2)  To get a recent snapshot of rpms that work.  I got bitten last week by
the bad net-tools package that was released that wouldn't allow my network to
come up (it's hard to get an updated package without a network!).  I finally
recovered by installing an older version from a Mandrake 7.2 iso image.

Cheers,
        ../Ed
--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA