> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> "Steve Wray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Is there any reason why it doesn't remember and recreate
> > the *exact* partiton layout?
>
> yes, the aim is to take the box whatever there was.
>
> of course, other possibilities can be implemented, but not easily without
> knowing the aim of the user.

Fair enough but I also think that the notion of
"recreate the install *exactly* as it was created by me"
has a lot going for it too!
:)

So this should include the bits where I set up lilo,
for example, to boot another OS... and of course
if an autoinstall will always erase another OS then
thats a bit pointless. Almost Redmondish in fact!

How about an option on the autoinstall creation for these
two simple cases:
autoinstall just as it was installed in the first place
or autoinstall regardless of the current contents?