On 2001.02.23 22:32:13 +0400 Don Head wrote:
> Since I'm in a posting mood, I'm going to list another
> minor annoyance/pet peeve thing.
>
> There's 4 groups on my system, not added by me, that are
> GID 500 or greater.  500 and up is my user GID space.  I
> usually move 500+ and up from /etc/group and /etc/passwd
> from system to system when I upgrade, so my users don't
> have to change their passwords and such.  So I have a
> few GIDs.. 500, 501, 502, 503.. that are now duplicated
> because some RPM added groups without using the 100-400
> range.  Can these please get fixed?
>
> nogroup:x:500:
> xgrp:x:501:xfs
> ntools:x:502:
> ctools:x:503:
You played with msec, didn't you :-) ?
I guess xgrp stand for x-allowed users, ntools for networks tools, and
ctools for compilation tools. In addition to correction asked by Don, i'd
like to have some minimal explanation on those group in msec
documentation...

Guillaume
--
Undetectable errors are infinite in variety, in contrast to detectable
errors, which by definition are limited