stop   mailling stop  stop
----- Original Message -----
From: "Quel Qun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 8:52 PM
Subject: [Cooker] personal iso-image howto?

guran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> As Mandrake8.0 is more and more reaching the final stage I intend to
> create two personal iso-images. One for a netfilter based firewall and
> then my personal reduced Mdk8.0.
>
> Do you have any documentation for mdk like 'RedHat CD HOWTO', or do you
> recommend that I follow the steps there.
>
> regards
> guran

Could someone please have a serious look at that?

I would need to install Cooker on a small and old machine that does not have
enough RAM to be installed through the network. My only solution would be to
burn the install CD from my mirrored distribution.

I noticed the mkcd.pl now included in the misc/ directory, but it does not
create the hdlists file correctly and then fails to create the CD1 iso.

I also tried to create hdlists manually, but mkisofs now sends me plenty of
errors about same rockridge names. e.g.:

mkisofs: Error: /tmp/.build_hdlist/provides and
/tmp/.build_hdlist/depslist.ordered have the same Rock Ridge name

This is very frustrating. Since the release of 7.2, I have not been able to
create a working install CD.

Please, take the time to give us a way to create these CDs if you want that
we
try the Cooker install. Downlading the iso files is too long for many of us
and they quickly become outdated.

Thanks,

=-=
kk1