Leon Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> While you're on the topic, can you please make sure that diskdrake is entirely
> useable with obvious keyboard controls (e.g. selecting a partition with the

i always use keyboard only (my mouse is completly crazy, hard time to go up and
down). diskdrake can be completly driven with the keyboard.

it is written is the help at diskdrake step (press F1 to see it in full):

"""
For information, you can reach any option using the keyboard: navigate trough
the partitions using Tab and Up/Down arrows.

When a partition is selected, you can use:

           * Ctrl-c to create a new partition (when a empty partition is selected)

           * Ctrl-d to delete a partition

           * Ctrl-m to set the mount point
"""

[...]

> For the wishlist, a text version of DiskDrake would also help in low memory
> situations.

alas, it's been on the wishlist for soooo long :-/

always to much things to do, even it would be easy to do.

> In fact, if you could do that, a complete installation headless or by remote
> control (over serial line or network: installer detects an active, non-mouse
> serial line, or failing that probes for a network card and either DHCPs or
> selects a known address maybe in the 169.254.*.* reserved range) would be
> possible. Very hand for rack boxes.

you can already export the display when making a network install. Try
booting with "linux display=192.168.1.xxx:0"

cu Pixel.