Got my DSL the other day and have started tracking Cooker via Ron's script...

Anyway, my system has 2 extra partitions which used to hold a previous distro,
and I've been pondering the possibility of installing Cooker onto these
partitions from my live system.  In other words, NOT with the install kernel...

So...  anyone know of any catch-22 (other than code not yet available :^) which
would prevent installations being done to separate / & /usr partitions while the
system is live?  The idea is to install a new version in background, get all the
parameters from the running system; then rebooting for a minimum of downtime...

The next challenge would be to switch to the new version on-the-fly; but I
believe that is already being worked on IIRC. :^)

Pierre